Pancreatobiliary Pathology Society (PBPS)
Grossing Working Group Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- The grossing working group will have 5 members: Two co-chairs and 3 members. One of the co-chairs is a member of the Executive or Education Committees.
- Term for chairs and members is 2 years (time period may be extended beyond 2 years with the approval of the Executive Committee).
Responsibilities of the grossing working group
- Develop a consensus on basic guidelines for the pathologic evaluation (grossing) of pancreas specimens.
- Assess the current state and possible improvements in the pathologic evaluation of pancreas specimens through literature analysis. Consult with other experts including surgical or medical subspecialists who are not members of the committee.
- Collate the literature and opinions of consultants and create a written consensus document and possibly also produce an instructional video on basic guidelines for the pathologic evaluation of pancreas specimens, which will be circulated among the members.
- Publish the final manuscript as a recommendation of Pancreatobiliary Pathology Society when approved by the PBPS Executive Committee.
- In addition, write a case report to be published on the website at least once a year.
Responsibilities of the grossing working group chair
- Organizes the working group meetings and conference calls.
- Recruits additional help from other PBPS members and other experts from various disciplines as required.
- Presents a quarterly report to the PBPS Executive Committee about the educational activities.
Responsibilities of the grossing working group members
- Assist the chair in developing the guidelines for the pathologic evaluation.
- One member, who is not the chair, will be given the additional responsibility to organize the case report.