Pancreatobiliary Pathology Society (PBPS) Education Committee
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- The committee will have 5 members: chair and 4 members.
- Term for chair and the four members is 2 years (time period may be extended beyond 2 years with the approval of Executive Committee).
- When the chair rotates off, an existing or prior member who has been on this committee will be selected for the chair position by the Executive Committee.
Responsibilities of the committee
- Organizes PBPS Companion Society meetings at major national and international Pathology meetings, including but not limited to:
- Supervises working groups tasked with various educational goals including but not limited to:
- Develop guidelines and write reports and position papers to be published on the website (refer to respective working groups’ SOPs for additional details)
- Proposes, create new working groups and corresponding SOPs
- Disbands obsolete or non-functioning working groups and corresponding SOPs
- Actively maintain SOP documents related to the education committee as duties change.
Responsibilities of the committee chair
- As a member of the Executive Committee, participates in conference calls/meetings and update Executive Committee members on committee activities.
- Executes the PBPS bylaws and SOPs, and update the latter when needed in consultation with the PBPS Executive Committee.
- Informs new education and working group committee members of their roles and responsibilities.
- Organizes the PBPS Companion Society meetings.
- Recruits additional help from other PBPS members as and when required.
- Checks with webmaster to ensure applicable educational activities are posted on the website.
- Presents an annual report of committee accomplishments at the yearly PBPS business meeting at USCAP utilizing a PowerPoint presentation that should be given to the Secretary/Treasurer prior to the week of USCAP meeting.
- Recommends names to the PBPS Executive Committee of potential individuals to fill upcoming vacancies.
Responsibilities of the committee members
- Assist the chair in executing PBPS bylaws and SOP as well as provide suggestions clarifying the duties in related SOP documents.
- Actively participate in organizing the assigned educational session(s) and working groups.
- If required, assume responsibilities of committee Chair.
Approved by the Executive Committee 4/16/2020