Pancreatobiliary Pathology Society (PBPS)
Grossing Working Group Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- The grossing working group will have 5 members: Two co-chairs and 3 members.
- Term for co-chairs and members is 2 years (time period may be extended beyond 2 years with the approval of the Executive Committee).
Responsibilities of the grossing working group
- Tasked to develop a consensus on basic guidelines for the pathologic evaluation (grossing) of pancreas specimens.
- Assess the current state and possible improvements in the pathologic evaluation of pancreas specimens through literature analysis.
- Seek consultation from other experts in various disciplines who are not members of the committee, as and when necessary.
- Analyze and collate results to develop a consensus on basic guidelines for the pathologic evaluation of pancreas specimens, which will be circulated among the members.
- Upon approval by the PBPS Executive Committee, the guidelines or manuscript will be published as work of the Pancreatobiliary Pathology Society.
Responsibilities of the grossing working group co-chairs
- The co-chairs organize the working group meetings and conference calls.
- Recruits additional help from other PBPS members and other experts from various disciplines as and when required.
- Report to the PBPS Executive Committee about the educational activities.
Responsibilities of the grossing working group members
- Actively participate in goals of the working group and assist the co-chairs in developing the guidelines for the pathologic evaluation.
Approved by Executive Committee 4/16/2020