Dear members of the PBPS,
The PBPS is now accepting applications for this year’s PBPS Abstract Award. This award will go to a pathology trainee with an abstract (poster/platform) in pancreatobiliary pathology to be presented at the 2024 USCAP Annual Meeting. Submitted abstracts will be evaluated by the members of Education Committee for originality, scientific merit, and presentation. The selected winner will be notified by email from the Chair of Education Committee and the winner will receive a $500 prize and a certificate that will presented at the PBPS annual business meeting on Sunday March 24, 2024. The qualifications for this award are listed below:
- Only abstracts that were accepted for presentation at this year’s annual USCAP meeting are qualified for the PBPS Best Abstract Award.
- Only trainees (medical students, residents, or fellows) are qualified for this award.
- The submitting trainee must be a member of the PBPS. Please note the recent change that the associate membership fee for the PBPS will be $10 per year for trainees starting from January 1, 2024. Trainees are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The submitting trainee must be first author (except in rare instances in which the trainee may be listed as the senior author).
- Trainees will not receive an award if they have won in the prior year. If you are the winner of the PBPS award for last year, then you do not qualify for consideration for the current year.
The online submission will be open from 12:00 pm on December 18, 2023 (Monday) to 12:00 pm (US Central time) on January 19, 2024 (Friday).
Please submit your abstract online (https://pbpath.org/abstract-submission/).
We look forward to receiving your submission.
The Pancreatobiliary Pathology Society