Pancreatobiliary Pathology Society (PBPS)
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP): President
- The term of President is 2 years.
- If approved by the executive committee, the vice president becomes the President.
- After completion of the 2-year term, the president serves in the Executive committee as the immediate-past president for another 2 years.
Responsibilities of the President
- Is a member of the Executive Committee
- Leads the strategic planning of the goals of the Society
- Leads the execution of the agenda set forth by the Executive committee
- Coordinates with the Secretary and Treasurer to call the Executive Committee to meetings and oversees the conduct of the meetings
- Coordinates with executive and education committees to determine the educational programs
- Represents (or delegates the representation of) the Society at meetings and with cooperating societies
- Maintains the SOP by updating it as duties change